Tekken 3 is the third installment in the popular Tekken fighting game series. It was released in arcades in March 1997, and for the PlayStation in 1998. The game features a greatly expanded roster of characters, including the debut of several new playable fighters. Tekken 3 also introduces a number of significant gameplay changes, most notably, the inclusion of the " sidestep " maneuver.
- Tekken 3 was the first game in the series to be released on the PlayStation.
- The game was a huge success, selling over 8 million copies worldwide.
- Tekken 3 is the highest rated game in the series, with a score of 96/100 on Metacritic.
- The game's soundtrack was composed by Nobuo Uematsu, best known for his work on the Final Fantasy series.
- Tekken 3 was the first game in the series to feature the "sidestep" maneuver, which allows players to dodge attacks by moving to the side.
- Tekken 3 was the first game in the series to be released in arcades, before being ported to the PlayStation.
- The game's roster of characters is the largest of any Tekken game, with 20 playable fighters.
- Tekken 3 introduces a number of new gameplay mechanics, including "bound" moves and "juggles".
- Tekken 3 is the first game in the series to be released in widescreen format.10. Tekken 3 is the first game in the series to feature a "Practice Mode", which allows players to learn the game's mechanics at their own pace.